Stock futures inched higher after major Wall Street indexes snapped their weekly winning streak. Here’s what we’re watching before Monday’s opening bell:
- U.S.-traded shares of Royal Dutch Shell gained more than 2% premarket after it said it would scrap its dual share structure and shift its tax residence to the U.K. It is also dropping the “Royal Dutch” from its name.
- Activist investor Mantle Ridge has at least a $1.8 billion stake in Dollar Tree and plans to push the discount retailer to take action to boost its share price. Shares of the discount retailer jumped 4.9% premarket.
- Tesla was down 2.4% premarket. Elon Musk sold roughly $6.9 billion worth of Tesla stock last week in one of the largest-ever stock disposals by a chief executive over a several-day period.
- Gores Guggenheim , the blank-check firm that is merging with electric-vehicle maker Polestar, jumped more than 12% ahead of the bell.
- Roblox shares were on the rise again, adding 3.6% premarket. The company’s stock had already gotten a big boost last week after it reported better-than-expected earnings.
- WeWork , Tyson Foods and CareMax are among the companies reporting earnings before the open.
- Boeing shares added around 2% premarket after it said over the weekend that it had received new orders for its converted freighters.
- Lucid Group , Advance Auto Parts , J&J Snack Foods and Casper Sleep will give updates after the close.
Chart of the Day
- A three-decade high in inflation has broken gold from its long 2021 rut, a sign investors are seeking greater protection from the prospect of lingering consumer-price increases.
Write to James Willhite at firstname.lastname@example.org